Today, everyone is aware about the truth that fast website loading speed is vital for getting the website ranked. If you are a blogger then you would know that page speed depends on many factors including web hosting, themes, plugins and images. Images greatly affect the loading speed of a website. This also makes a difference to your ranking and SEO.
If you are a WordPress user, then you can use an appropriate image optimizer plugin according to your choice or website requirement. These are the image optimizer WordPress plugin that allows you to compress your images.
These WordPress plugins optimize your entire site and then reduce all heavy size images, which improves your site speed. Today we have brought you the best free image compression WordPress plugins which will prove to be very helpful in your WordPress website’s image optimization.
WHY IS WORDPRESS IMAGE OPTIMIZER (COMPRESSION) PLUGIN NECESSARY?
Website loading speed is a very important SEO and ranking factor. If we talk about images, then images put the most weight on your entire site. Due to which the speed of your entire site decreases and it also affects your website ranking badly.
To increase the loading speed, it is important to compress the images of your website. This means that if the size of your image is 100 kb, then it is vital to reduce its size to 20 kb. Due to the low size, the images will load quickly and the loading speed of the website will increase. For this we use image compression plugins. Some of the best WordPress image optimizer plugins are:
1. Smush – Lazy Load Images, Optimize & Compress Images:
Smush is one of the best image optimization plugin for WordPress. This plugin will optimize your entire site and reduces the size of your heavy images. And, further if you ever put a post, then this plugin will automatically reduce the size of your images. This plugin is available in both free and premium versions.
It is one of the most used plugins in entire WordPress. You can activate this plugin for free from the WordPress plugin store.
- This plugin does not put any extra load on your website.
- Without reducing the quality of the images, this plugin reduces the size of your images.
- Compresses all your earlier images by itself.
- You can reduce the size of selected images from your library separately.
- It supports JPEG, GIF, and PNG image files.
2. Optimus – WordPress Image Optimizer Plugin:
Optimus is also one of those WordPress image optimizer plugin which is used by most of the WordPress users. With the help of this plugin, you can also create the best quality images of low size.
This plugin is available in both free and premium versions. Its free version gives you a size limit, which means that it only reduces images up to a maximum of 100 kb. Many modern bloggers are using its premium version.
- This plugin reduces the size of the image without degrading the image quality.
- With its bulk feature, you can reduce the size of your old uploaded images.
- It gives you a size limit of 100 kb in the free version.
- You can compress unlimited images with the help of this plugin.
- It supports JPG, PNG format.
3. EWWW Image Optimizer WordPress Plugin:
EWWW Image Optimizer plugin is also one of the most popular plugins. Its special thing is that its free version gives you all the facilities that you get by a premium one. This plugin is available for both free and premium. If you upload a lot of images in your website then you can buy its premium version.
EWWW Image Optimizer Key Benefits:
- This plugin automatically compresses your uploaded images.
- It automatically converts all the old images in your library to a smaller size.
- Along with this, this plugin also supports Cloudflare and MaxCDN.
- You can skip already reduced images with its help.
- It supports all JPG, PNG, and GIF formats.
4. ShortPixel Image Optimizer:
ShortPixel Image Optimizer is a very light weight plugin that works in the background process. This means that this WordPress plugin will not have any effect on the page speed of your website.
It is very important to have an API key to use it. This plugin is available in both free and premium versions. In its free account, you are allowed to compress 100 images per month. To increase this limit, you have to upgrade your account to premium.
ShortPixel Image Optimizer Key Benefits:
- This plugin automatically compresses all your old images.
- Along with this, this plugin can also compress PDF documents.
- The free account of this plugin allows you to compress 100 images per month.
- With the help of this plugin, you can also optimize thumbnails and featured images.
- This plugin also allows you to restore the original images.
- You can skip those files which have been optimized.
5. Imagify WordPress Plugin:
Imagify plugin made by WP Media is also one of the best plugins available in WordPress. It also comes in light weight plugins. This WordPress plugin is available for both free and premium versions. Its free version gives you a limit of 25 mb per month.
Imagify Plugin Key Benefits:
- You can reduce the size of all uploaded images with the help of its bulk feature.
- With its best lossless feature, there will be no loss in the quality of your file.
- This plugin automatically optimizes newly uploaded images.
6. Kraken.io Image Optimizer:
Kraken.io is also one of those popular and trusted plugins which has been installed by more than 30,000 people and it comes with 4.9 ratings. This image compressor plugin gives you a limit of 100 mb per month which is a lot for a blogger.
This WordPress image optimizer plugin is available in both free and premium versions. If you put bulk content daily then you can buy its premium account.
Kraken.io Image Optimizer Plugin Key Benefits:
- You can compress all the old uploaded images in one click.
- This plugin is one of the trusted WordPress plugins.
- Newly uploaded images are automatically compressed with the help of this plugin.
- With the lossless optimization feature of this plugin, you can compress the image without losing its quality.
- This plugin supports all formats like JPG, PNG and GIF.
7. Compress JPEG & PNG Images:
Compress JPEG & PNG Images is also an amazing WordPress plugin which I use a lot which is made by TinyPng, with the help of which you can compress only JPEG and PNG images. When you install this plugin in your WordPress, first of all you have to create an account on it. You can compress only 100 images in a month from your free account.
It has been liked by over 60,000 people. This plugin also gives you free facility. Along with this, there is no size limit in this plugin, which means you can compress unlimited images with the help of this WordPress plugin.
- This plugin automatically reduces the size of newly uploaded images.
- With its help, you can compress any single image in one click.
- With its bulk option, you can optimize images from your media library.
- You can resize the original images by entering the maximum width and height.
8. Resmush.it Image Optimizer Plugin:
Resmush.it is a best WordPress image optimization plugin that lets you compress all uploaded images like other plugins, even you can compress old uploaded images. This plugin uses API to compress images.
In this tutorial, you have learned about best WordPress image optimizer plugins which are most popular as well as made by trusted developers. You can install any plugin on your WordPress website according to your need.
If you have any question or suggestions, please leave in the comment section below. If you liked this blog post, then do not forget to share it with others!
- 12 Best Social Media Share Plugins for WordPress in 2021
- How to Speed Up Your Website in 2021
- How to Rename Theme Name in WordPress Admin Panel