Do you want to add infinite scroll option to your WordPress blog? Infinite scroll enables your visitors automatic page loads when they reaches the bottom of the page. It helps your visitors to view the content of the next page of your blog without having any click on the Load More button.
WHAT IS INFINITE SCROLL LOADING?
To go to the previous or next page of any site, the user clicks on the previous or next button or the page number.
However, when you use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn, you’ve noticed that there’s no next or page number, because they use infinite scroll. Infinite scroll is also known as unlimited scroll.
SHOULD YOU ADD INFINITE SCROLL TO YOUR WORDPRESS SITE?
Infinite scroll has a positive impact on user experience and user engagement. However, Infinite scrolling is not for every blog or site.
If your website has a massive traffic, then it is better not to set up infinite scroll because it can slow down your website or in some cases even crash the server. This is good for small websites.
Here’s a quick guide at infinite scroll’s pros and cons to see if you should use it. Have a look:
Infinite Scroll Pros:
- Instead of having click, infinite scroll makes managing your site easy.
- This option allows and keeps your visitors to stay longer on your site, which helps lower the bounce rate of your website.
- Better mobile experience because it can be annoying or irritating for the visitors to click on short links to load new content.
- Makes it easier for visitors to find old content of your site, because they will be able to load old content quickly and more easily.
Infinite Scroll Cons:
- The server may overload and crash.
- Your site will lack a footer section.
- If your visitor scrolls indefinitely, there’s a chance that it may stop working. This problem can increase the bounce rate of your website.
- It can harm or lower SEO rankings on Google search, because your website is now one big long webpage.
HOW TO ADD INFINITE SCROLL TO YOUR WORDPRESS SITE:
Now, the question is — how to add infinite scroll to your WordPress blog or site. Don’t worry!
It’s quite EASY.
To make it enable on your WordPress site, you just need to go to your WordPress dashboard. Now go to “Add New Plugin” under “Plugins” option. Then, search for “Catch Infinite Scroll” in the search box.
Now, you just need to install this plugin and make it activate as shown in the image below.
Once the plugin is activated, it will add a new menu item in the left of your WordPress dashboard. Simply click on this icon and it will take you to the settings page of this WordPress plugin. The settings interface will look like something shown in the image below.
Here, it will require some changes. In the dashboard settings, an option of “Load On (Trigger on) option will be visible to you. All you have to do is to select “Scroll” option instead of “Click” as shown in the screenshot below.
Leave rest of the settings as default as the default options work perfect for your WordPress site.
This plugin also allows their users to upload an image. You can upload a custom icon to the content loader. If you have a better image, you can upload and change it.
Now Click on “Save Changes” button to store your settings. And, you’re all set!
Now, you must have come to know how you can add infinite scroll in your WordPress website. If you find this article really helpful, then do not forget to share it with others!
If you have any question or suggestion, please leave in the comment box below.